Friday, November 16, 2018 - 9 Rabi' al-Awwal 1440

Subscribe to our mail list

Home » Fatwas » Customs » Gender Mixing

I had a dry sex with my fiancé, how can I repent?

I had a dry sex with my fiancé many times then I made a promise to Allah to stop that but I broke it. Now I really tend not to repeat that again, so what I have done was adultery?


Honorable sister,

Thank you so much for contacting us and for entrusting us with your question. Keeping yourself and your fiancée away from slipping into sinful acts which might jeopardize the pure love-based relationship that you are having would be an essential step. This could be done through making sure not to meet up alone or in a place where you have a chance for some privacy. You both have to realize that part of speeding up your marriage would be through fearing God and being pious to protect your love from the filth of sin and the wrath of God.

Also, you should not occupy yourself by asking about such major sins you previously committed. Rather, you should now concentrate on the necessity of repenting to Allah the Almighty and persistently ask Him for forgiveness. You should resolve not to commit this sin ever again.

May Allah accept your repentance and grant you firmness on the right Path. Amen

Related links
» Chatting on the internet with the opposite sex, is it permissible?
» A woman taking a taxi or limousine: is it permissible?
» I am a teenage girl and I wonder if chatting with boys on social media is considered a sin?
» Can we have mixed gatherings in the community center next to the mosque?
» I live in Germany where it is normal for men to shake hands with women. Is this a sin?