Having a sinful past and a fiancé who does not forgive
I had a wild life and committed many sins. Later, later I became engaged to a righteous man who helped me on get on the straight path. However, from time to time he reminds me of my past and says that my past will always remain an obstacle and a barrier between us. What should I do?
• God Almighty accepts repentance from those who repent.
• You must not tell anybody about your past and must not divulge your previous sins which God Almighty has concealed for you.
• You must explain to your fiancé that whoever repents to God Almighty is like one who has no sins.
• Tell him that if he really wants to marry you, he has no right to reproach or humiliate you on account of having told him of your previous life. He must not let this spoil your marital life together as is the case in many cases.
• We recommend that you perform Salat al-Istikhara [the prayer of guidance and seeking a choice] on whether or not to continue with him. You must then follow what God Almighty guides you to do.
• Always remember that God Almighty has concealed your sins, so you must not inform anyone of them even those who are close to you. This is because not all people realize the meaning of repentance.
And God Almighty knows best.