Giving back rights

Egypt's Dar Al-Iftaa

Giving back rights



My mother, may God have mercy upon her, used to receive a fixed pension after her retirement which she collected via ATM. When she passed away, I notified the National Authority for Insurance and Pensions by mailing them a photocopy of her death certificate. After some time, I found out that her pension was still being deposited into her bank account, so I withdrew the money. Am I entitled to take the money? Please note that I am facing a financial problem and in dire need of the money. What is the ruling for the money I have already taken and which I spent?


You are not entitled to receive your mother's pension; it is impermissible to take it, even if you are encountering a financial problem.

You must calculate how much you took and, if possible, repay the money to the National Authority for Insurance and Pensions. Otherwise, you must give it on the poor and needy.

God Almighty knows best

Share this:

Related Fatwas