A guardian's disposal of a minor's ...

Egypt's Dar Al-Ifta

A guardian's disposal of a minor's property


rgin: 0cm 0cm 10pt; unicode-bidi: embed; direction: ltr">We reviewed request no. 1162 for the year 2006 which includes the following:
My brother died and left behind a daughter who is still a minor. I am her court appointed guardian. I have in my possession a sum of money in her name for emergencies. Her mother took the girl to live in another governorate close to her family due to problems between us. Is it permissible for me to keep the money in my possession in exchange for my share in the house which her father left as inheritance with an officially registered contract?



It is permissible for the guardian to dispose of a minor's property in a way that achieves his interest. The disposition mentioned in the question is permissible as long as it achieves the girl's interests i.e. the guardian's share in the house must not be less than the sum of money in his possession.
Allah the Almighty knows best.  
Share this:

Related Fatwas