What are the principal works on the Prophet's Sirah?
Hundreds of books and treatises were composed on the noble Sirah [biography] of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him), his characteristics, merits and virtues, most notable of which are:
• Al-Sirah Al-Nabaweya (The Prophetic Sirah) by Imam Abu Mohamed Abdul Malek Ibn Hisham Ibn Ayyub.
• Al-Shifa be Ta’reef Huquq Al-Mustafa (Healing by the Cognizance of the Rights of the Chosen One) by Al-Kadi Abi Al-Fadl Ayyad Ibn Musa Ibn Ayyad. It describes the virtues of the noble Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him).
• Al-Wafa fi Fada’il Al-Mustafa (Detailed Analysis of the Virtues of the Chosen One) by Abul Faraj Ibn Al-Jawzi.
• Al-Rawd Al-Anf fi Sharh Sirat Ibn Hisham (A Commentary on Ibn Hisham's Sirah) by Abi Al-Qasim Al-Suhayli.
• Al-Fosool fi Ikhtisar Sirat Al-Rasul (Summary of the Sirah of the Messenger of God) by Ibn Kathir.
• Zadul Mi’ad fi Haday Khayr Al-Ibad (Provisions for the Hereafter Taken from the Guidance of the Best Servant of God) by the renowned Imam Shams Ul-Din Abi Abdullah Mohamed Ibn Abu Bakr Ibn Ayyub Ibn Saad who is known as Ibn Al-Qayyim Al-Jawzi.
• Al-Raheeq Al-Makhtum (The Sealed Nectar) by Shaykh Safi Ar-Rahman Al-Mubaraqpuri.
There are numerous other books on the Prophet’s biography by both early and contemporary scholars.