A Year in Review: Egypt's Dar al-Iftaa issues the annual report of accomplishments for the year 2014
Believing in the importance of transparency, the role of objective mass media and the community that justly attest to the efforts it exerts inside and outside Egypt to clarify the true image of religion, spread moderateness, confront the waves of terrorism, extremism that contest the Islamic fundamentals, Egypt's Dar al-Iftaa issues the annual report on its accomplishments during the year 2014.
The annual report stated that the year 2014 has witnessed accelerated strenuous efforts exerted by Dar al- Iftaa and its venerable scholars, headed by the Grand Mufti, Dr. Shawki Allam, to perform its role and function, and achieve the goals. Dr. Shawki succeeded in observing Dar al- Iftaa’s institutional entity, its balanced speech, marked by moderateness, justice and support building bridges of communication with others from different cultures.
According to Dar al- Iftaa's annual report, the most prominent accomplishments include:
- World Alliance of Religions in Seoul, South Korea, selected Dr. Shawki Allam, the Grand Mufti of Egypt, as the most prominent promoter of peace in the world.
- Dr. Shawki Allam was chosen by the French magazine Jeune Afrique among the 15 most influential religious leaders in Africa.
- The Belgium "La Libre", issued in French and is considered the most widely spread newspaper in EU's Capital, nominates the Grand Mufti of Egypt, Dr. Shawki Allam, the person of its issue for his prominent role in issuing fatwas (Religious Edits) that serve Muslims inside and outside Egypt.
- The total number of fatwas issued during the year 2014 exceeded 520.000, covering different aspects that concern Muslims in their daily life.
- Dar al- Iftaa achieved remarkable success in communicating with the audience and mass media, presenting an honorable image of Islam, monitoring and analyzing religious issues worldwide, through following the accurate methodology.
- Dar al- Iftaa participated in various scholarly intellectual global meetings and conferences based on profound sound understanding of the reality and the objectives of the shari'ah.
- Dr. Ibrahim Negm, Advisor to the Grand Mufti, participated in the endeavors exerted by Dar al-Iftaa to raise sound religious awareness among Muslims all over the world and in response to the invitation extended by the Islamic centers in the state of New York which has the largest number of Muslims in USA. Dr. Negm, also met the editors of Newsday and The New York Times in New York in an attempt to clarify the image of Islam and Muslims in the American media.
- Scholars of Dar al- Iftaa traveled around the globe to open the channels of cooperation and coexistence among the people of different faiths and cultures. Countries included, Brazil, west Africa, US, Europe and others.
- Dar al- Iftaa has signed many protocols of cooperation with many institutions and ministries.
- As for the scholarly output, Dar al- Iftaa issued many publications included family guide in Islam, compiled fatwas for women, a book in English responding to the terrorist views of QSIS titled "The Ideological Battlefield", a book on fatwas for youth, ruling for fasting, hajj and 'umrah, traveling and fatwas Encyclopedia which falls into 20 volumes.
- A new department has been inaugurated in the Translation administration, for translating Dar al- Iftaa’s output into the African languages, to reach out to the Nile Basin countries and confront extremism.
- A great remarkable leap has witnessed in the Dar's Facebook official pages and social media sites communication worldwide. Dar al- Iftaa's Facebook official page has exceeded one million fans, which places it on the top of religious official pages worldwide.